You’ve probably wandered round your city hundreds of times. Shopping, drinks outside. You already took some photos of the beautiful, old buildings, the park and the pigeons.
People are the city. They give color to a city. And they’re not as scary as you think. So wave when you take their photo, or start a conversation: “What are you photographing?” Some are so busy on their phone, or on their way to an important meeting, that they don’t even notice you, or your camera for that matter.
In this masterclass, I’ll teach you to hunt and fish for a photo, emphasizing the latter. In a friendly way. Mindful.
We’ll just add the human element for scale or dynamics, but focus on capturing the city in all her shapes and forms. We’ll dive into framing and capturing movement. Any questions of your own? All the time in the world to address these!
Things we might address, depending on weather and size of the group (max 10 participants):
- Combining details and nature or architecture
- Searching for juxtaposition (opposites)
- Indirect street photography of people, beit recognizable or not
- Street portraits, on demand or for instance via reflections
The masterclass contains a number of specific assignments within certain time. Make sure to wear the right shoes; we’ll walk a lot!
This photography masterclass takes place in Nijmegen and Eindhoven.
Duration of the masterclass is approx. 4 hours.
We start at 9.30 AM on Fridays, the Saturday workshops start at 10 AM.
Included in the masterclass:
- Instruction by Michiel Heijmans
- Specific photo assignments per location in Nijmegen
- Photo critique afterwards per mail on individual basis
Pricing: 179 euro per person (including VAT)
Yes, I’d love to participate!
Max. 10 persons per masterclass!
- After signing up, I’ll send you more info regarding for instance the starting location way ahead of the masterclass date.
- Masterclasses require at least 4 people, and will otherwise be postponed. If postponed twice, I will refund your purchase upon request instead.
- Cancellation is free up until 14 days prior to the photography masterclass, any later cancellation will result in a refund of 50% of the amount paid.
- Camera knowledge is required (operation, ISO, aperture and shuttertime), I don’t know all brands and types.